Why are uploaded files to ASP.NET web Application greater than 12MBbeing shown as 0MB?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by newemployee909090@gmail.com, Nov 30, 2012.

  1. Guest

    Our ASP.NET C# web application is used in the following environment - .NET Framework 4 - IIS 7 - Windows 2008 - Visual Studio 2010 .NET IDE - C# - HTTPS ( SSL ) Our ASP.NET C# web application uploads various files like jpgs, mp4, mp3, pngs, docx, txt, etc to a folder called ClientBin. However, if wedeploy the application to an IIS7 server, we have to give the web user of our application permission to upload file. We give the \IIS_IUSRS group permission to execute, read, write and execute on our ClientBin upload folder.

    A web user can upload files that have size less than approximately 12MB.

    However, when a web user uploads any more than approximately 12MB, the filethat gets uploaded will be 0 bytes on the server's ClientBin upload folder..

    In our Web.config, we have the following configurations for httpRuntime tag:

    <system.web>
    <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="1048576" executionTimeout="50000" useFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl="false" requestLengthDiskThreshold="15360"minFreeThreads="8" minLocalRequestFreeThreads="4" appRequestQueueLimit="100" />

    </system.web>

    In our Web.config, we have the following configurations for requestLimits tag:
    <system.webServer>

    <security>
    <requestFiltering>
    <requestLimits maxAllowedContentLength="2000000000" />
    <fileExtensions>
    <add fileExtension=".aspx" allowed="true" />
    </fileExtensions>
    </requestFiltering>
    </security>
    </system.webServer>

    I also took the undesired approach of modifying the machine.config file by creating the following settings:

    <system.web>

    <processModel responseDeadlockInterval="0:09:00"
    responseRestartDeadlockInterval="0:09:00" />

    </system.web>

    In IIS 7, I clicked on the website and expanded it then clicked the ASP icon.

    Expand the Limits Properties icon, and change the value in the “Maximum Requesting Entity Body Limit” to a value larger than 200000 (which is about 200kb). 4194304 would be about 4 Mb, 41943040 would be 40 Mb.

    Why are uploaded files to ASP.NET web Application greater than 12MB being shown as 0MB ?

    , Nov 30, 2012

    What IIS (and IDE) did you (initially) set/use for the creation of the (ASP..NET) file upload application pages to work with? You say that it worked onthe previous system....what OS/Web server was that performed on? Are you self hosting/in-house, or doing the upload service through a hosting company? A little more details about the scenario would surely help.

    I would think to go and check the server configuration in IIS 7, since it seems like a size 'cap' is applied to this situation. I would suspect that something in the IIS 7 server config is playing with you, and this could be the case if you are hosted by a hosting service.

    , Dec 11, 2012