"resource not found"

Guest

Hello everybody,

In IIS 6.0 I have a website "AppName" on tcp port 100.
Forms authentication is configured with Login.aspx and the start page is
Start.aspx.

Now I can browse to http://localhost:88/Start.aspx but the Forms
authentication is skipped...?!
When I browse to http://localhost:88/Login.aspx and submit the credentials,
I get the message: "resource not found"...?!

A strange variant of this within Vis. Studio 2005:
When I right click Start.aspx in solution explorer, I am redirected to
Login.aspx and the login works o.k. Then I hit F5 and the same happens: login
and redirect to the configured destination Start.aspx.

But then if I hit F5 again , the same error occurs as above: "resource not
found".

Any guess anybody of what is the issue here?
Thanks.

Guest

In Vis. Studio I right clicked Start.aspx and set it "as startpage"
Now the problems are gone.
But why? The rediretion page was configured in Login.aspx and Forms
authentication in Web.config. What could have been wrong?