response.redirect stuck my browser !

Joined
Jan 8, 2008
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi All, I'm totally new here...new and desperate. I'm developing on my local PC an ASP.NET Site.
I'm encountering a strange problem using response.redirect... it seems to stuck the browser.

I'll explain better: I associate a response.redirect("~/Default.aspx") to a form buttonclick. If I run the Site in Debug Mode everything works fine, but when I access the site locally (I have IIS installed on the PC), after cliccking the button the Browser remains loading forever.
I've tryed witho both IE7 and Firefox, but the behaviour is the same.
The thing that happens to the browser is similar to the situation when there is a field to validate: the bottom bar of the browser indicates that is loadin, but it never loads really !
I should add that this same behaviour shows either if the button is in a regular form or in a MasterPage.

I add a little code Sample:

Protected Sub IB_Logout_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventArgs) Handles IB_Logout.Click

Session.RemoveAll()
FormsAuthentication.SignOut()
Page.Response.Redirect("~/Default.aspx", True)

End Sub

In this case the button does a logout, but it doesn't work even with a simple page redirect.

I'm going totally nut on this one. If anyone has any suggestion...please respond.

Joined
Jan 8, 2008
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
SOLVED !

No magics, no bugs (in ASP.NET at lest) no monsters inside my computer.

Just:

1) aspnet_regiis.exe -i
2) Clean IE7 cache (darned cache)
3) use server.transfer instead of response.redirect (...not understood why this one....)

Hope this might help someone else ! Thx anyway !