One client can't login to our site

Guest

We just switched our web application from .NET 1.1 to 2. Once client can't
login out of several that have been successful. They enter a correct user
name and password, click the login button and they are redirected back to
login with no errors or login failure. The same login account works fine from
other machines at different locations.

This client had no problem logging in before we switched. The login
procedures are essentially the same except for the .NET version. They are
using an updated IE6 browser.

Here is what I'm doing:

Build ticket:
Dim ticket As New FormsAuthenticationTicket(1, ".TICKETNAME",
System.DateTime.Now, System.DateTime.Now.AddMinutes(30), False,
Session.SessionID)
Dim authCookie As New HttpCookie(FormsAuthentication.FormsCookieName,
FormsAuthentication.Encrypt(ticket)) Response.Cookies.Add(authCookie)

Make session variables:
Session("LoginName") = prmLoginName.Value
Session("DocGUID") = prmDoc.Value
Session("EmpID") = prmEmployeeID.Value
If prmEmployeeID.Value > 0 Then
Session("UserClass") = "Staff"
Else
Session("UserClass") = "Client"
End If
Session("GetsCEM") = prmGetsCEMRpt.Value
Session("GetsPAC") = prmGetsPACRpt.Value
Session("GetsHOL") = prmGetsHOLRpt.Value

Check for authentication and session value from the loading page:
If Request.IsAuthenticated Then
If Session("LoginName") <> "" Then

[Proceed with page setup routines if successful....]

Else
FormsAuthentication.SignOut()
Session.Abandon()
Session.RemoveAll()

Response.Redirect(Server_Protocol(Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_NAME")) &
"webaccess/login.aspx")
End If

Else

Response.Redirect(Server_Protocol(Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_NAME")) &
"webaccess/login.aspx")
End If

Ad

Mark Rae [MVP]

Would they have the correct framework installed on their computer?

Clients don't require the .NET Framework to use ASP.NET web apps...

Just a (reasonably) modern browser...

bruce barker

check if cookies are turned off. you can also detect this problem on the
server by settiing a cookie and redirecting to a page that test if a
cookie exists. say in your redirect add login.aspx?cookie=set, and if
the querystring is set, the cookie should exist. f not, display a page
saying cookies are required to use your site.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Patrice

Looks like a cookie issue. I woudl check the cookie settings. Also do they
have the good datetime, time zone ?

You may want to create a test page to check if cookies seems to work fine...

Guest

Thanks for the tip. I will set it up. But can you figure why they did not
have trouble with the site before the switch to 2.0?

bruce barker said:
[...]

Thanks. I will check out cookies and their system date/time. I hadn't thought
of that.

--
Patrice

Kelly said:
[...]

&
"webaccess/login.aspx")
End If

Else

Response.Redirect(Server_Protocol(Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_NAME"))
&
"webaccess/login.aspx")
End If

Top