Restarting a process

Simon Faulkner

I have written a small cgi script which updates the config file for a
www proxy server and I need to restart the service when I save out the
config file.

/etc/rc.d/init.d/danguardian restart

will do the trick but I can't run it as the apache user

Any ideas?

Simon

Mathias Waack

Simon said:
I have written a small cgi script which updates the config file for
a www proxy server and I need to restart the service when I save
out the config file.

/etc/rc.d/init.d/danguardian restart

will do the trick but I can't run it as the apache user

Any ideas?

Of course: use another user. And another newsgroup.

Or, to be more polite: have a look at sudo. This way its easy (and
relative secure) to run a command as a different user without a
password.

Mathias