reStructuredText Cheat Sheet

chris

David said:
I whipped together a cheat sheet for reStructuredText:
1 page for syntax, and a 1 page reference for directives
and roles. Please take a look:
<http://docutils.sf.net/docs/rst/cheatsheet.txt> (not
meant to be converted to HTML; use the source text as-is).
Feedback is welcome.

hi,
to be honest i find it a bit confusing...
i did not really look into ReST's syntax yet but i assumed it partly as
a wiki style "markup" alternative and thought it was (also) meant as
that (apart from surely more py stuff).

maybe it is just me or that i am no native english speaker but i did not
really understand the syntax on the sheet or what some things are for.
an example would be the 2nd table about explicit markup, do the 2 dots
".." belong to the syntax or not?
i need to look more into the docutils docs, maybe it gets clearer then.

it is a good thing to have though
chris

David Goodger

chris said:
> to be honest i find it a bit confusing...

It's a quick reference card to for authors who already know the syntax
but need reminders. It's not meant as something to learn from.
That's what the "See <http://docutils.sf.net/rst.html> for full info"
is for. You'll find tutorial and user documentation there.

-- David Goodger