    rather than inventing the wheel :)

    Thanks
    Mark

    Mark, Jun 24, 2005

  2. Mark

    JV Guest

    I assume you mean programmatically, since you can obviously hand-edit in VS
    or even just NOTEPAD.

    I had to do something like this to work around the VS bug where it
    occasionally eats the closing tag on a <link> tag. I didn't do a whole lot
    of research but here is what I can tell you.

    1) the HTML parsers I found were expensive. I didn't find a free one. Least
    not one that was useful.
    2) Sometimes people use the IE browser control for DOM access, but I found
    it to be pretty clunky for my purposes.
    3) You can't really load it in an XML document because the HTML is rarely
    well-formed XML (though maybe in VS2005 using XHTML it will be?)

    I ended up doing some of my own string parsing since my need was relatively
    simple.

    JV, Jun 24, 2005

  3. Mark

    Wilbur Slice Guest