Retrieve keywords a internet domain name

Andy Wu

Hi All,

I've been working on a domain parking project where we need to analyze
a domain name, say "bookhotel", and get keywords(book, hotel) out of
it, then use these keywords to do some search.

There are two ways to do this as far as I can see, longest match and
quickest match.
Longest match:
bookhotel -> check with a dictionary -> False
bookhote -> dictionary -> False
book -> dictionary -> True, kw1 = book
then try the rest of the domain name
hotel -> dictionary -> True, kw2 = hotel

While quickest match starts with 'b'.

The keywords sure will not be perfect, but I think these two will work
for us at the moment.

Any comments/suggestions on this?

Also, does anyone know where I can find a decent dictionary that I can
use to verify if a word is a valid English word?

?

=?iso-8859-2?q?L=E9tez=F5?=

Also, does anyone know where I can find a decent dictionary that I can
use to verify if a word is a valid English word?

Debian packages such as openoffice, ispell, aspell may contain a word list.
You can search google for +english +"word list" or something similar.

Viktor