return codes from os.spawn

Nirmal

Hi,

When I try running java through os.spawnv with P_NOWAIT, it returns the
process id
ex3178 true'))
19524

then I removed the command line parameter in the java command to fail ( it
should throw an exception) the process and ran it. This time also it
returned the process id .
ex3178'))
21947

And I tried the same by using P_WAIT and it returned the same exit code
ex3178 true))
127ex3178'))
127

please let me know how can we identify that the process is completed
successfully or not ?

Thanks,
Nirmal