RewritePath and Hyperlink's ImageUrl property

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Aidy, Jan 11, 2008.

  1. Aidy

    Aidy Guest

    ..net 2.0

    After much messing around I finally worked out what issue was throwing
    errors in my code and found the workaround was easy. After googling I see
    it is a known issue

    http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=235385

    Does anyone know of any other caveats I might come across when using the
    code below?

    Context.RewritePath("~/Target.aspx", false);

    I'm just thinking that there may be other similar bugs out there (and has
    the one above been patched yet?).

    The original URL is in a sub folder but the page it is transferring to is in
    the root. Also as the rewriting I'm doing is quite trivial I'm just using
    the Application_BeginRequest event to parse the URL and see if I need to
    rewrite. I've never really done much url rewriting before and I see from
    the web lots of people seem to use custom modules etc. I'm not sure if
    that's overkill for my needs, what's the latest thinking on url rewriting?

    Aidy, Jan 11, 2008