RHTML Code is not properly working in I.E.

Deepak Kumar Shivhare

Hello,

I have written the following code for designing the U.I. It is properly
working in Mozilla Firefox but its not properly working in I.E.
(Internet Explorer).

<h2>Permission</h2>

<%= start_form_tag ({:action => 'edit'},{:class => 'appform'}) %>

<fieldset>
<%=error_messages_for("permission")%>

<h3>Edit Permission</h3>

<input class="f-name" name="permission[controller]"
value="<%= @permission.controller%>"
size="30" />
</label>

<input class="f-name" name="permission[action]"
value="<%= @permission.action %>"
size="30" />
</label>

<textarea class="f-comments" "rows="10" cols="25"
name="permission[description]" ><%=
@permission.description %>
</textarea>
</label>

<input type="submit" name="savebutton" value="Save" />
</fieldset>

<%= end_form_tag %>

May I know the reason ??

Can Anybody help me ??

Thanks in Advance
Deepak

Brian Candler

I have written the following code for designing the U.I. It is properly
working in Mozilla Firefox but its not properly working in I.E.
(Internet Explorer).

OK, I'll bite.

(1) Please note that "its [sic] not properly working" is a completely
useless description of a problem. We cannot read minds. Unless you describe
exactly what you *see*, nobody can help you. For more advice see
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#intro

In the case of page rendering problems, I'd suggest taking a screen
snapshot, putting the image on a web server, and posting the URL.

(2) This question clearly has nothing to do with Ruby at all, because the
embedded Ruby has all been stripped out by the time the page reaches the
browser - it's just a page of HTML (which you will see if you select "view
source" in your browser)

So this leaves two possible options:

(a) You wrote some HTML which works in IE but not Netscape - for example you
might have used some browser-specific tags, or you might have forgotten to
add some declaration at the top of the page to tell the browser what version
of (x)html you are using. Hint: google for "IE quirks mode" and read
carefully what you find.

In that case, please go to a HTML mailing list for advice on how to write
your HTML in a way which is browser-independent.

(b) If the tag at fault is one which Rails generated, e.g. start_form_tag
generates something which IE doesn't like, then you can raise your problem
on the Rails google group. Again, you'll have to provide a description of
exactly how the problem appears, show the raw .rhtml and the processed HTML
output, and suggest why you think Rails is producing a faulty HTML tag (e.g.
by editing the HTML manually to make the problem go away)

Regards,

Brian.