ri usage tidbit

Kevin Ballard

Here's a handy alias I use for nicer ri output, I just thought I'd
share it with all of you:

alias ri='RI="${RI} -f ansi" LESS="${LESS}-f-R" ri'

Basically it tells ri to spit out ANSI-formatted text and tells less to
not complain about the ANSI escape codes. It still respects any
existing values of $RI and $LESS.

I hope this is useful to someone.

Stefan Lang

Here's a handy alias I use for nicer ri output, I just thought I'd
share it with all of you:

alias ri='RI="${RI} -f ansi" LESS="${LESS}-f-R" ri'

Basically it tells ri to spit out ANSI-formatted text and tells
less to not complain about the ANSI escape codes. It still respects
any existing values of $RI and $LESS.

I hope this is useful to someone.

Yes! Thank you!

Gavin Kistner

--Apple-Mail-1--950695030

alias ri='RI="${RI} -f ansi" LESS="${LESS}-f-R" ri'

Very sexy, in bash. Can a *nix guru translate that to tcsh?
--Apple-Mail-1--950695030--

Logan Capaldo

Very sexy, in bash. Can a *nix guru translate that to tcsh?

Theretically:
alias ri='( setenv RI "$RI -f ansi"; setenv LESS "$LESS -f -R"; ri $* )'

However....it doesn't seem to be working right. Maybe you can play
with it, and figure it out.