ROOT Asp.net Path problem. Hair-Pulling time.

Robert Hindla

Forgive me for posting in this group, if inappropriate, but I think I'm
encountering an ASP path problem.

My site is trying to download a .zip file from a folder residing on a UNC
path. Whenever the client contacts the web site, it receives an file
unavailable error.

The virtual directory is fully functional to three other web servers with
the same page. File system credentials work well.

The URL shown in the client browser's address bar is exactly correct. It
just has the word ROOT at the front of the path.

I'm not a programmer, just a sysadmin trying to deal with a difficult
problem.

Thanks, if you can help.