Rspec + Oracle

shatorkin

Hi all.
Does anybody use Rspec with Oracle? I have RoR app + Oracle DB. I use
Rspec 0.9.4.
I have installed Rspec plugin and generated spec for model Country.
If I use "@countries = Country.new" in my spec I get
"ArgumentError in 'Country should be valid'
block not supplied
/vendor/plugins/rspec_on_rails/lib/spec/rails/extensions/kernel.rb:
12:in `describe'"

"@countries = Country.find:)first)" works but "@countries =
Country.new" doesn't work.

I have found some modifications for Rspec 0.9.2 in files
"/vendor/plugins/rspec_on_rails/lib/spec/rails/extensions/kernel.rb"
and
"usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rspec-0.9.4/lib/spec/runner/extensions/
kernel.rb"
but those modifications have not helped me.

This is my spec:
"
require File.dirname(__FILE__) + '/../spec_helper'
describe Country do
before:)each) do
@countries = Country.new
# @countries = Country.find:)first)
end

it "should be valid" do
@countries.should be_valid
end
end
"
Does anybody know how I can use method "new" of model in my Rspec's
files with Oracle?
Thanks.

shatorkin

I make work rspec with oracle.
I have a spec what contains Model.find(1) cause (record with id=1
exists in the table).
Model.find:)first) works well

Spec uses method "instance_eval" where name of ruby file and row
number are passed as parameter.
When script invokes "describe" method of OCI8 Class
(oracle_adapter.rb) it is failed with error message "block not
supplied".
When I added an alias: "alias_method :my_describe,:describe" and
called 'my_describe' instead of 'describe' spec did work well.
Whose is this bug - ruby,spec, or oracle_adapter I have not known
yet :).