Ruby 1.9 and ./libruby-static.a

fedzor

Hopefully someone has run into this before:

% make
/usr/bin/ld: archive: ./libruby19-static.a has no table of contents,
add one with ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [ruby19] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
%

I have n0 clue why this is happening.

System Report:
Darwin
PPC
Mac OS 10.4.11
Ruby 1.8.6 installed perfectly fine from source
==> ruby 1.8.6 (2007-11-14 patchlevel 5000) [powerpc-darwin8.10.0]

Please let me know if I can help you help me!

Thanks,
Ari