ruby gtk editable cells in treeview

Alfonso

Could anyone put an example of how can you make editable the cells of a
ListStore or ThreeStore in in ruby gtk, and making them update when
edited? I'm trying to guess how to do that looking at the api, but can
get the right procedure, and the tutorial for treeviews doesn't cover
this topic.

Thank you very much for your help.

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com

Olivier

Le mercredi 29 novembre 2006 16:37, Alfonso a =E9crit=A0:
Could anyone put an example of how can you make editable the cells of a
ListStore or ThreeStore in in ruby gtk, and making them update when
edited? I'm trying to guess how to do that looking at the api, but can
get the right procedure, and the tutorial for treeviews doesn't cover
this topic.

Thank you very much for your help.

just a quick copy/paste from a personal project :

var_renderer =3D Gtk::CellRendererText.new
var_renderer.editable =3D true
var_renderer.signal_connect('edited') do |renderer, val, var|
# use Treeview#selection#selected to modify the
# model. var contains the new text.
end
tog_renderer =3D Gtk::CellRendererToggle.new
tog_renderer.activatable =3D true
tog_renderer.signal_connect('toggled') do |renderer, path|
# do whatever you want
end

Any action from the user is handled by signals. The doc does not describe w=
ell=20
what action triggers a signal (even the original C api is poor about that),=
=20
so the best thing to do is to seek for the "signal" section of the class ap=
i=20
(here, the CellRendererText), then try to connect to the signal which seems=
=20
to fit your needs, and to test :
1) what action triggers the signal
2) what block arguments can be used ( Kernel#p is usefull here ;))

Olivier

Alfonso

Olivier escribió:
Le mercredi 29 novembre 2006 16:37, Alfonso a écrit :

just a quick copy/paste from a personal project :

var_renderer = Gtk::CellRendererText.new
var_renderer.editable = true
var_renderer.signal_connect('edited') do |renderer, val, var|
# use Treeview#selection#selected to modify the
# model. var contains the new text.
end
tog_renderer = Gtk::CellRendererToggle.new
tog_renderer.activatable = true
tog_renderer.signal_connect('toggled') do |renderer, path|
# do whatever you want
end

Any action from the user is handled by signals. The doc does not describe well
what action triggers a signal (even the original C api is poor about that),
so the best thing to do is to seek for the "signal" section of the class api
(here, the CellRendererText), then try to connect to the signal which seems
to fit your needs, and to test :
1) what action triggers the signal
2) what block arguments can be used ( Kernel#p is usefull here ;))

Olivier
That was what I needed, thank you very much