Ampersand entities

Miquel Oliete

Hi all

How can I convert from utf-8 to HMTL ampersand entities and from HTML
ampersand entities to utf-8 (I'm searching it a lot but I can found it)?

Thanks in advance

--

Miquel (a.k.a. Ton)
Linux User #286784

Welcome to the jungle, we got fun and games
Guns n' Roses

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com

David Vallner

--------------enigE43E102F822553B82F87372A

Miquel said:
Hi all
=20
How can I convert from utf-8 to HMTL ampersand entities and from HTML
ampersand entities to utf-8 (I'm searching it a lot but I can found it)= ?
=20
Thanks in advance
=20

iconv from UTF8 to UTF16, add up the two bytes, pray it wasn't a
surrogate pair, and convert to hex?

David Vallner

--------------enigE43E102F822553B82F87372A

--------------enigE43E102F822553B82F87372A--

Tomasz Wegrzanowski

Hi all

How can I convert from utf-8 to HMTL ampersand entities and from HTML
ampersand entities to utf-8 (I'm searching it a lot but I can found it)?

Thanks in advance

UTF-8 to HTML convertion is trivial.
HTML to UTF-8 is almost trivial, you just need to decide the set of
supported &-entities. This example handles only  and &,
but it should be obvious how to extend it to other entities (if you
want to do so).

class String
def utf8_to_html
gsub(/([^\000-\177])|(&)/u) {
if $2
"&"
else
sprintf("&#x%x;", $1.unpack("U")[0])
end
}
end
def html_to_utf8
gsub(/&(?:#x([0-9a-fA-F]+)|(amp));/) {
if $2
"&"
else
[$1.hex].pack "U"
end
}
end
end

Miquel

Thanks to everybody. I will try your answers tonight at home.

Bye