Ruby/Odeum

Ken Bloom

I'm looking to use an inverted index for Ruby. There used to be Zed
Shaw's Ruby/odeum that did this using QDBM's inverted index API. I can
find references to this all over the web, unfortuntely but the original
site is gone and I can't find any mirrors.

Can anybody help me out?

Robert Dober

I'm looking to use an inverted index for Ruby. There used to be Zed
Shaw's Ruby/odeum that did this using QDBM's inverted index API. I can
find references to this all over the web, unfortuntely but the original
site is gone and I can't find any mirrors.

Can anybody help me out?
If not maybe you would care to explain what is an inverted index please ;).

--=20
Toutes les grandes personnes ont d=92abord =E9t=E9 des enfants, mais peu
d=92entre elles s=92en souviennent.

All adults have been children first, but not many remember.

[Antoine de Saint-Exup=E9ry]

Jens Wille

hi ken!

Ken Bloom [2009-05-22 19:08]:
I'm looking to use an inverted index for Ruby. There used to be
Zed Shaw's Ruby/odeum that did this using QDBM's inverted index
API. I can find references to this all over the web, unfortuntely
but the original site is gone and I can't find any mirrors.
you can find the project page on the internet archive [1] and the
gem on rubyforge (gem install ruby_odeum). is that what you're after?

[1]
<http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.zedshaw.com/projects/ruby_odeum/>

cheers
jens

--
Jens Wille, Dipl.-Bibl. (FH)
prometheus - Das verteilte digitale Bildarchiv für Forschung & Lehre

Jeremy Hinegardner

I'm looking to use an inverted index for Ruby. There used to be Zed
Shaw's Ruby/odeum that did this using QDBM's inverted index API. I can
find references to this all over the web, unfortuntely but the original
site is gone and I can't find any mirrors.

Can anybody help me out?

Don't forget about Ferret. http://ferret.davebalmain.com/trac

Also If you can wait a week or so, I'm working on a preliminary ruby interface
to Tokyo Dystopia.

http://tokyocabinet.sourceforge.net/dystopiadoc/

enjoy,

-jeremy

Robert Dober

Ty Ken, I was completely fixed on "internet indices".
Now that I know I follow the thread with interest :)
R.

Ken Bloom

hi ken!

Ken Bloom [2009-05-22 19:08]:
I'm looking to use an inverted index for Ruby. There used to be Zed
Shaw's Ruby/odeum that did this using QDBM's inverted index API. I can
find references to this all over the web, unfortuntely but the original
site is gone and I can't find any mirrors.
you can find the project page on the internet archive [1] and the gem on
rubyforge (gem install ruby_odeum). is that what you're after?

[1]
<http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.zedshaw.com/projects/ ruby_odeum/>

cheers
jens

Unfortunately they don't mirror the actual gems.

In the end I found that version 0.2.1 is on Rubyforge (somewhere -- a
search on the website didn't find a project responsible for maintining
it, but I found the gem in RubyGems), and I somehow got my hands on an
0.4 gem which I have mirrored at http://www.iit.edu/~kbloom1/ for the
time being, until I find something better to do with it.

--Ken

John W Higgins

Ken,

Unfortunately they don't mirror the actual gems.

In the end I found that version 0.2.1 is on Rubyforge (somewhere -- a
search on the website didn't find a project responsible for maintining
it, but I found the gem in RubyGems), and I somehow got my hands on an
0.4 gem which I have mirrored at http://www.iit.edu/~kbloom1/<http://www.iit.edu/~kbloom1/>for the
time being, until I find something better to do with it.
Zed still has all the software on his web site - just no links into it

http://www.zedshaw.com/downloads/ruby_odeum/ruby_odeum-0.4.1.tar.bz2

the gem is here

http://www.zedshaw.com/downloads/ruby_odeum/ruby_odeum-0.4.1.gem

Google REALLY is your friend.