Ruby Popularity in Google Fights

trans. (T. Onoma)

Thought I'd try some google fights to see where Ruby stands.

http://www.googlefight.com/

Here you go:

C Programming 9 450 000
PHP Programming 7 380 000
Java Programming 6 560 000
Perl Programming 4 310 000
VB Programming 3 249 000
Python Programming 2 360 000
Lisp Scheme Programming 2 060 000
Forth Programming 1 260 000
Pascal Programming 973 000
Ada Programming 616 000
**Ruby Programming** 607 000
Prolog Programming 291 000
Haskell Programming 168 000
Eiffel Programming 114 000
Lua Programming 34 700
OCaml Programming 32 300

T.

--
( o _ カラãƒ
// trans.

I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way.
-Mark Twain

Brian McCallister

The key to search for, though, is "Best Programming Language" ;-)

-Brian

David Ross

Ada is also a good language. there are updates for gcc 3.x and I'm not
talkig about that old software GNAT3.14, thats *old*. Yes, we get
whooped by the great ada. Professional programmers still use it. Also, I
hear around that some people are getting forced to use it in college.
--dross

Joey Gibson

David said:
Ada is also a good language. there are updates for gcc 3.x and I'm not
talkig about that old software GNAT3.14, thats *old*. Yes, we get
whooped by the great ada. Professional programmers still use it. Also,
I hear around that some people are getting forced to use it in
college. --dross

I was forced to use it in college, but that was 12 years ago... It
actually wasn't that bad. I certainly liked it better than Pascal...

--
She drove a Plymouth Satellite
Faster than the Speed of Light...

http://www.joeygibson.com/blog
http://www.joeygibson.com/blog/life/Wisdom.html
Atlanta Ruby User Group http://www.AtlRUG.org

David Ross

Joey said:
I was forced to use it in college, but that was 12 years ago... It
actually wasn't that bad. I certainly liked it better than Pascal...
Its really good compared to some of the languages out there. I still
like C and Ruby best. Ada95 is just fun ;) There is a Ada2005 in the
process of beign made/release.

--dross

Dick Davies

* gabriele renzi said:
Dick Davies ha scritto:

well, many historical stuff related to ada lovelace I guess :)

Including the whipping, if the stories are true :)