ruby standard library contribution?

Giles Bowkett

I'm sorry, I know I've asked this before, but I've just been googling
it and I'm not sure of the answer. I just went through irb.rb, and
corrected the spelling in one of the comments. No code changes at all,
just obsessive-compulsive disorder at its finest. Should I contact the
maintainer directly, or is there a Trac for the Ruby standard library?

James Britt

Giles said:
I'm sorry, I know I've asked this before, but I've just been googling
it and I'm not sure of the answer. I just went through irb.rb, and
corrected the spelling in one of the comments. No code changes at all,
just obsessive-compulsive disorder at its finest. Should I contact the
maintainer directly, or is there a Trac for the Ruby standard library?

No Trac, but patches may be submitted to the ruby-core list.

See: http://ruby-doc.org/documentation-guidelines.html

Side questions for someone who might know for sure: That doc is a bit
out of date; the svn URLs are not quite correct (i.e., wrong).

I believe that HEAD is

svn co http://svn.ruby-lang.org/repos/ruby/trunk ruby

and the current release is

svn co http://svn.ruby-lang.org/repos/ruby/branches/ruby_1_8_6/

So, can someone tell me what svn URL to use for general doc/code patches?

--
James Britt

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the
intelligent are full of doubt."
- Bertrand Russell

Giles Bowkett

No Trac, but patches may be submitted to the ruby-core list.

Does this apply for Ruby changes in the standard library, or is
ruby-core just C?

James Britt

Giles said:
Does this apply for Ruby changes in the standard library, or is
ruby-core just C?

All patches to code/comments that is part of the standard distro.

(I'm pretty sure ...)

--
James Britt

- Benjamin Franklin, when asked about static typing
(and a tip of the hat to raganwald)