Ruby Weekly News 18-24th October 2004

Jamis Buck

Tim said:
I have written the Ruby Weekly News for 18-24th October 2004:

http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?RubyNews/2004-10-18

The web version is nicer than plain text (lots of hyperlinks), but if you're
reading this offline then the output from "lynx -dump" is below.

I hope to continue writing this each week, but no promises ;-)
Feedback is welcome.

Wonderful, Tim! I've been wishing this would come back. It's a great
resource. I have several friends who want to join ruby-talk, but are
daunted by its high volume. This is an excellent alternative, I think.
Thanks!

- Jamis

gabriele renzi

Tim Sutherland ha scritto:
I have written the Ruby Weekly News for 18-24th October 2004:

http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?RubyNews/2004-10-18

The web version is nicer than plain text (lots of hyperlinks), but if you're
reading this offline then the output from "lynx -dump" is below.

I hope to continue writing this each week, but no promises ;-)
Feedback is welcome.

thanks for reviving it!
I was thinking of doing it myself ;)
Maybe you could accept some help (a simple "lot of work this week, who
wants the ball?" on the list) ?

Bill Guindon

I have written the Ruby Weekly News for 18-24th October 2004:

http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?RubyNews/2004-10-18

The web version is nicer than plain text (lots of hyperlinks), but if you're
reading this offline then the output from "lynx -dump" is below.

I hope to continue writing this each week, but no promises ;-)
Feedback is welcome.

I really needed that. Been suffering from withdrawal symptoms as my
day job has pretty much ripped me away from Ruby for a bit -- this was
the perfect way to catch up quickly.

Tim Sutherland

Tim Sutherland ha scritto:

thanks for reviving it!
I was thinking of doing it myself ;)
Maybe you could accept some help (a simple "lot of work this week, who
wants the ball?" on the list) ?

Yes, definitely. I've put a pre-release version of next week's on the wiki:
http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?RubyNews/2004-10-25

I encourage people to add to this as the week goes on.

Also, it is possibly for someone to post
http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?RubyNews/2004-10-18
to http://www.ruby-lang.org/ or another appropriate place?

I'm guessing that many of the people who used to read Ruby Weekly News don't
read ruby-talk.

Thanks.

Chad Fowler

I have written the Ruby Weekly News for 18-24th October 2004:

http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?RubyNews/2004-10-18

The web version is nicer than plain text (lots of hyperlinks), but if you're
reading this offline then the output from "lynx -dump" is below.

I hope to continue writing this each week, but no promises ;-)
Feedback is welcome.

Absoutely fantastic, Tim! I've been looking for a volunteer to take
this on for a while. What do you say we make it "official" and get
you access to do it in a more permanent place on RubyGarden? Shoot me
an email if you're interested, and we'll work out the logistics.

Thanks,
Chad

Gavin Sinclair

I'm guessing that many of the people who used to read Ruby Weekly News don't
read ruby-talk.

Au contraire, I use it to make sense of ruby-talk :)

Gavin

Simon Strandgaard

I have written the Ruby Weekly News for 18-24th October 2004:

http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?RubyNews/2004-10-18

The web version is nicer than plain text (lots of hyperlinks), but if
you're reading this offline then the output from "lynx -dump" is below.

I hope to continue writing this each week, but no promises ;-)
Feedback is welcome.

Thanks for this great summary.
I have alwaysly appreciated the summaries on ruby-dev/core.
This news is good.