RubyEclipse debugger. Does it work for anyone?

John N. Alegre

I am running ruby 1.8.4 and Eclipse. I downloaded and installed the RDT
plugins and installed them and configured my ruby interperter. I get a
segmentation fault every time I try to step into code.

This is on ...

Mac OS X
version 10.4.6
Eclipse 3.1.2

My ruby is a DarwinPorts install in /opt/local/bin.

Does this plugin work on any other platform? or is it not ready for prime
time yet?

Peace
john

Rasmus Debitsch

Since I've installed Ruby 1.8.4 I get a segmentation fault on WinXP too.
This happens when using the keys F5 and F6 only. Using the toolbar buttons
or menu entries for step into or step over works fine.

Rasmus

John N. Alegre

Rasmus said:
Since I've installed Ruby 1.8.4 I get a segmentation fault on WinXP too.
This happens when using the keys F5 and F6 only. Using the toolbar buttons
or menu entries for step into or step over works fine.

I get the segmentation fault on OS X for ANYTHING done ANYWAY following
stopping at at breakpoint. That includes resume, step into, or step over
no matter if done with FKeys or Menu items. Sounds like you got it a
little better on Windows.

I filed a bug report but I am not sure if I did it correctly. I have never
filed a bug report for sourcefourge before. Anyone know how to contact
these guys.

Thanks for the reply.
john