Rubyforge ?

Robert Wolf

Hi Guys,

I am just wondering how can I get any support from rubyforge
administrators.
I can't push into my git repository, don't know what to do.
I followed the instructions, made the public ssh key, registered it.
I submitted the support request ticket.

Do you guys have any experience with rubyforge and git in particular?
Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Robert

Phillip Gawlowski

Hi Guys,

I am just wondering how can I get any support from rubyforge
administrators.

Via the support system, which you used. Remember that RubyForge is run
by volunteers, so delays are inevitable, I'm afraid.
I can't push into my git repository, don't know what to do.
I followed the instructions, made the public ssh key, registered it.

Did you follow the FAQ?
http://rubyforge.org/docman/view.php/5/460/faq.html#git_push_without_key

At the end of the FAQ you can find a link to one of Dr. Nic's blog posts
covering Git on Rubyforge.

Luis Lavena

Hi Guys,

I am just wondering how can I get any support from rubyforge
administrators.

Support project:

http://rubyforge.org/projects/support

I can't push into my git repository, don't know what to do.
I followed the instructions, made the public ssh key, registered it.
I submitted the support request ticket.

Do you guys have any experience with rubyforge and git in particular?
Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, you need to upload your SSH keys and wait a couple of minutes to
pick it up.

Then, in the SCM of your project, grab the committers link and add
that as a remote. Then push.

But there is no browsing interface, no way to associate the commits
with tickets, etc.

Robert Wolf

Yes, I followed the FAQs and Dr. Nic's blog.
Gitosis rejects me no matter what I try.
It says: "Agent admitted failure to sign using the key."
I followed the instructions with ssh public keys.

Phillip Gawlowski

Yes, I followed the FAQs and Dr. Nic's blog.
Gitosis rejects me no matter what I try.
It says: "Agent admitted failure to sign using the key."
I followed the instructions with ssh public keys.

Well, I found this:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openssh/+bug/201786

No clue if it applies to you, since your error message seems to be
incomplete.

So, can you provide some more details? OS, SSH client used, the full
error message?

Worst case, we can point you to the maintainers of a broken tool, if
it's unrelated to RubyForge.

Robert Wolf

Victory !!!
It worked.

It seems it repaired itself by itself.
I just waked up in the morning, tried again, and GIT push went through.

Thank you guys for your emails an help.
It confirmed that I was following the FAQs and instructions OK.

Cheers,
Robert

HackerGene

CONs... :)