run Perl under windows

wld

Thanks Paul and Henry.
What I like to do is that from a windows xp to connect to Unix and
router via
tcp/ip (telnet)and control the unix and the router(send some commands
to both of them).
What packages do i need to install and how to do it?

Thanks in adavance,

Steven

Jean-Pierre Vidal

Le Sat, 25 Dec 2004 06:07:24 -0800, wld a écrit :
Thanks Paul and Henry.
What I like to do is that from a windows xp to connect to Unix and
router via
tcp/ip (telnet)and control the unix and the router(send some commands
to both of them).
What packages do i need to install and how to do it?

Thanks in adavance,

Steven

Without Perl, there is no difficulties to join unix through telnet.
Did you had a look at Net::Telnet? (not tested)
regards
Jean-Pierre

Tintin

wld said:
Thanks Paul and Henry.

Who are Paul and Henry and why are you thanking them?
What I like to do is that from a windows xp to connect to Unix and
router via
tcp/ip (telnet)and control the unix and the router(send some commands
to both of them).
What packages do i need to install and how to do it?

If you have a Cisco router, then Net::Telnet:::Cisco could be useful for
you.

If not, then you can just use Net::Telnet, use ppm to install (see your
ActiveState Perl documentation for more details)