Perl script to exe

jis

I have used perl2exe on windows xp platform to convert perl script to exe.

But since windows 7, it has not been dependable.

par pp also do not look like it works on all windows 7 machines.

I have googled it and didnt find anyting significant.

Please let me know what you guys use on windows 7 platform to get it working..

thanks
jis

jis

I have used perl2exe on windows xp platform to convert perl script to exe.

But since windows 7, it has not been dependable.

par pp also do not look like it works on all windows 7 machines.

I have googled it and didnt find anyting significant.

Please let me know what you guys use on windows 7 platform to get it working..

thanks

jis

Hi,

Since nobody replied to message yet, I have to ask for another help.

How do i run a standalone created on 64 bit wndows 7 run on a 32 bit windows 7.

I get an incompatibility errror when i do this..

thanks,
jis

jis

Hi,

Since nobody replied to message yet, I have to ask for another help.

How do i run a standalone created on 64 bit wndows 7 run on a 32 bit windows 7.

I get an incompatibility errror when i do this..

thanks,

jis

Forgot to mention that Im using Par pp..

Jürgen Exner

[seven empty lines deleted. Please don't add random empty lines, it
makes reading your text rather difficult]

What goal are you trying to achive by using perl2exe (there could be
several, and alternative solutions would depend upon what you actully
trying to achive).
[seven empty lines deleted. Please don't add random empty lines, it
makes reading your text rather difficult]

perl2exe never was dependable but has alway been a crutch with better
alternatives for most purposes.
[seven empty lines deleted. Please don't add random empty lines, it
makes reading your text rather difficult]

That depends upon what "it" really is.
[three empty lines deleted. Please don't add random empty lines, it
makes reading your text rather difficult][three empty lines deleted. Please don't add random empty lines, it
makes reading your text rather difficult]

Not surprising. Usually you cannot run a 64-bit executable on a 32-bit
OS.

jue

Tim McDaniel

[seven empty lines deleted. Please don't add random empty lines, it
makes reading your text rather difficult]

I gather that Google is starting to do that. I have not heard that
people control that -- but to anyone along the way who is able to
remove them (Google users when replying, say), please do so.

Peter Arnhold

Am 17.06.2013 09:26, schrieb jis:
Hi,

Since nobody replied to message yet, I have to ask for another help.

How do i run a standalone created on 64 bit wndows 7 run on a 32 bit windows 7.

I get an incompatibility errror when i do this..

thanks,
jis

Use Windows 64-bit, perl 32-bit and perl2exe 32-bit. Created files are
running on Win7 32-bit. I do it almost every day.

Peter

jis

Am 17.06.2013 09:26, schrieb jis:

Use Windows 64-bit, perl 32-bit and perl2exe 32-bit. Created files are

running on Win7 32-bit. I do it almost every day.

Peter

Peter,
Can you try to convert the following script for 32 bit platform from window 7 64 bit please??

use strict;
use Net::SFTP::Foreign;
use Net::SFTP::Foreign::Constants qw :)flags);
use Net::SMTP;
use File::Basename;
use Sys::Hostname;
use File::Compare;
my $temp="temp.txt";

my $file = $ARGV[1];
my $remote = $ARGV[2];
my $remoteIpAddress=$ARGV[0] ;

my $SFTP_user="user";
my $SFTP_password="pwd";
my $SFTP_host=$remoteIpAddress;
my %args = (backend => 'Net_SSH2',
username => $SFTP_user,
password => $SFTP_password);

$Net::SFTP::Foreign::debug = 0;

my $sftp = Net::SFTP::Foreign->new($SFTP_host,%args) or
die "Unable to connect to $SFTP_host : $!\n";

while(1)
{
open(INF,"<".$file);
binmode INF;
$sftp->put(\*INF,$remote);
die "Error transferring $file to $SFTP_host::$remote\n".$sftp->status() if $sftp->error;
close(INF);
print "$file transfered to $SFTP_host\n";
sleep(1);
$sftp->get($remote,$temp, numbered => 1) or die "file transfer failed: " . $sftp->error;
if (compare($file,$temp) == 0)
{
print "File read back- found equal\n";
}
else
{
print "File read back- found NOTequal\n";
}
unlink $temp;
print "Removing file: $remote\n";
$sftp->remove($remote);

die "Error removing file from $remote\n".$sftp->status() if $sftp->error;

sleep(1);
}

$sftp = undef;

Jürgen Exner

Is there a specific reason why you have 7 empty lines here?

Is there a specific reason why you have 7 empty lines here?

Is there a specific reason why you have 7 empty lines here?

Is there a specific reason why you have 7 empty lines here?

Is there a specific reason why you have 11 empty lines here?

Over 30 quoted blank lines with 5 lines of quoted text interspersed.
Is there a specific reason for that madness?

jue