Run VPython on FC3

York

Hi everybody,

I am trying to run VPython on FC3. The installation was fine. But when I
"import visual", an error occurs:

"""Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/visual/__init__.py", line 15, in ?
import array_backend
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/visual/array_backend.py", line
1, in ?
import cvisual
ImportError: libgtkgl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory"""

It seems Python cannot open/find the file "libgtkgl.so.4", but it
definitely lies in the lib directory:

/usr/local/lib/libgtkgl.so.4.0.0
/usr/local/lib/libgtkgl.so.4

Does anybody know a solution for this problem?

Thanks very much,

York

Artur M. Piwko

In the darkest hour on Fri, 16 Sep 2005 10:44:34 -0700,
York said:
It seems Python cannot open/find the file "libgtkgl.so.4", but it
definitely lies in the lib directory:

/usr/local/lib/libgtkgl.so.4.0.0
/usr/local/lib/libgtkgl.so.4

Does anybody know a solution for this problem?

You need libgtk-(open)gl package (i don't know the exact name in FC).

York

Artur said:
In the darkest hour on Fri, 16 Sep 2005 10:44:34 -0700,

You need libgtk-(open)gl package (i don't know the exact name in FC).

Actually the gtkgl was installed, I can find it at /usr/local/lib:
/usr/local/lib/libgtkgl.so.4.0.0
/usr/local/lib/libgtkgl.so.4

- York

Artur M. Piwko

In the darkest hour on Fri, 16 Sep 2005 15:45:33 -0700,
York said:
Actually the gtkgl was installed, I can find it at /usr/local/lib:
/usr/local/lib/libgtkgl.so.4.0.0
/usr/local/lib/libgtkgl.so.4

Check for presence of /usr/local/lib in /etc/ld.so.conf
Append it if necessary. Don't forget to run ldconfig afterwards.