    Then what will be the URL for opening WAT Tool

    Thanks a lot

    Asif

    Asif, Apr 13, 2007

  2. WAT only runs on the local machine, so www.mysite.com won't serve the WAT interface.

    You can create your own management interface, per the instructions in these 2 articles:

    "ASP.NET 2.0 Member/Role Management with IIS"

    Part 1, Security and Configuration Overview :

    Part 2, Implementation :

    The code sample for that app is in this msi file :
    http://download.microsoft.com/downl...f-428b-bf22-8d7c5a05fb47/membershipeditor.msi

    Or, to do the same thing differently, follow Steven Cheng's advice at :
    http://blogs.msdn.com/msdnts/archiv...p-role-management-out-of-asp-net-context.aspx

    Juan T. Llibre, Apr 13, 2007

  3. You can also spin up the built in web server, for the WAT, and hit from
    another machine, but it is a rather involved process easily made simple with
    Visual Studio. :)

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Apr 13, 2007