running site dll from GAC instead of bin

Tarren

Hi:

I am wanting to run my aspnet app with higher level of security, and so want
to run it from the GAC.

When I try this put the dll in the GAC instead of the bin folder, it says it
could not load the type "mypage".

Any articles or direction in how to achieve this?

Thanks!

Scott Allen

Hi Tarren:

What do mean when you say "a higher level of security"? The GAC is
primarily about sharing code across applications, this isn't what you
need for web applications.

Tarren

Hi, Scott:

The GAC was exactly what was needed. And then in the .NET Configuration
snap-in I had to elevate the level of trust on that dll to medium security
(full was not required) and I was able to talk to the other running
processes that I needed to manipulate.

Thanks.
:)