Same class file for Win and Web

Peter Hemmingsen

Hi

I've a very simple class file with a number of static methods that I need to
call from both a Windows app and a Web app.

I dont want to build seperate dll's for these projects. The code should just
be a part each project. I've tried in studio to add the .cs file to each
project but instead of a reference to the same file the .cs file is copied
to each project directory.

Any help would be appreciated,- thanks.

Peter

Gregory A. Beamer

I've a very simple class file with a number of static methods that I
need to call from both a Windows app and a Web app.

I dont want to build seperate dll's for these projects. The code
should just be a part each project. I've tried in studio to add the
.cs file to each project but instead of a reference to the same file
the .cs file is copied to each project directory.

Any help would be appreciated,- thanks.

Encapsulate the functionality in a library. You can then call the
library from both types of projects.

NOTE: This is part of the problem I have been talking to numerous people
about for quite some time. When UI is viewed as part of the app, you end
up tightly coupling business logic and helper functions to the UI. The
application should be the business logic and helper functions only, and
the UI should sit on top of it.

Peace and Grace,

--
Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)