same html code behave differently in IE and FireFox

usgog

Here is my html code snippet:
option:hover {
background:#e5ecf9;
}

<select style="border:solid 1px #7f9db9" name="select" size="4" ">
<option value="name1">Name1</option>
<option value="name2">name2</option>
<option value="name3">name3</option>
<option value="name4">name4</option>
</select>

So I want to make the drop down list look like a panel and the options
are hoverable. But in IE: options are NOT hoverable and it looks like
a big text field with border indent.
in FireFox: options are hoverable and no border indent. (GOOD!) BUT it
has a grey'ed vertical scrollbar.

So how to make the display consistent in both IE and FF without the
scrollbar, options hoverable, and like a panel?

Richard Formby

usgog said:
Here is my html code snippet:
option:hover {
background:#e5ecf9;
}

Hardly a javascript question but IE does not support :hover on anything
other than <a href=...>

RobG

Here is my html code snippet:
option:hover {
background:#e5ecf9;

}

<select style="border:solid 1px #7f9db9" name="select" size="4" ">
<option value="name1">Name1</option>
<option value="name2">name2</option>
<option value="name3">name3</option>
<option value="name4">name4</option>
</select>

So I want to make the drop down list look like a panel and the options
are hoverable.

This is a javascript news group, ask in a CSS group: