scp with paramiko

cerr

Hi There,

I want to download a file from a client using paramiko. I found plenty
of ressources using google on how to send a file but none that would
describe how to download files from a client.
Help would be appreciated!
Thanks a lot!

Ron

Alexander Gattin

Hello,

I want to download a file from a client using
paramiko. I found plenty of ressources using
google on how to send a file but none that
would describe how to download files from a
client.

Download files from remote to local?
Get sftp object as usual, then e.g.:

for f in sftp.listdir(rdir):
lf = os.path.join(opts.tmpdir, f)
sftp.get(rdir + "/" + f, lf)

sftp.get() uses path + "/" + basename instead
of os.path.join() because the latter uses local
pathname conventions which may or may not be
appropriate for remote system.