script in database

I have two tables and i want join the two of the primary id's in to one
table. the database is mysql.

ex.

Table Item (ID int(10) NOT NULL auto_increment)
Table Actor(ID int(10) NOT NULL auto_increment)

to go in to
Table actor_item(actor_id, item_id)

so i was wondering the perl script to do that

i didnt give enough info. i have info in a text file and have got perl to
print it out and now i want to add them to my database.
my tables look like this
Item (Id int(10) NOT NULL auto_increment, genre, title, price, quantity,
descrb, image, length, numdvd, rating, primary key is Id)
actor ( Id int(10) NOT NULL auto_increment, people_id, chara, primary key is
Id)
director (Id int(10) NOT NULL auto_increment, people_id, primary key is Id)

these represent my items from the text file. I have it to know that $title
means the tile in my text file.
$price, $image, $title, $director, $rating, $num_dvds, $length, $genre,
$$aref[0] (actor), $$aref[1] (character), $stock.

in the actor_item table: the actor matches up with what movies he is in
actor_id item_id
1 1
1 2 this shows same actor but different
movie

so how do i populate the actor_item table?