Scroll position in panel control

Jason James

Hi all,

I've checked the posts but this question doesn't
seem to have been asked in a while and I don't
seem to be able to find an answer for it anywhere
else.

I have a panel control on my page that contains
a datalist. The datalist renders small thumbnails
(200px X 200px) for up to 200 images. When
I click the image a itemSeleted event is
fired, and a postback to the server renders
a large copy of the image in an image control
on the form. Unfortunately, due to the postback
the panel control return to the top of its scroll
position where I might not be able to see the
thumbnail that I just selected.

Does anyone know if I can maintain the scroll
position of the panel control, just as I can
with the form as a whole using the Page
directive MaintainScrollPositionOnPostback?

Can I get the scroll value of the panel control,
or should I really look at javascript to load the
image from the thumbnail and avoid the
postback altogether?

Any thoughs would be most welcome.

Regards,