Searching the smaller picture in the larger picture

Joined
Jan 24, 2024
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Searching the smaller picture in the larger picture I’m looking for a python or c# source code by which I can give it a small picture as the input; and provided that the picture is in the larger picture, so the program will give the coordinates of the smaller picture as the output! However, I want the code search the larger image, not search for similarities of the pixels one by one.

I want the code search the larger image, not search for similarities of the pixels one by one.
Untitled2.jpg
Untitled1.jpg

Joined
Sep 4, 2022
Messages
128
Reaction score
16
by "computing", pixels will always be check one by one.

you are thinking about one 'already done script', but methods before the final result stay as one.

'pattern search' in a picture needs a 'start' and so a 'bigger set of Datas' to achieve a perfect match.

to go through 'pattern' , you can look at 'regexp'... as a first, and so re-usable tool.

think about checking image type ( png ? jpg ? and all ) because the 'encoding' and 'mask of values' for 'pixels' will be different every times.

you won't achieve a search with a 'jpg' comparing 'png' like that, lot of conversions will happens before the pattern search can be useful.

dig your project and ideas, It's great stuff !

Joined
Sep 3, 2023
Messages
36
Reaction score
2
Pixel tracking something works something like IMAGE1 - IMAGE2 move it around until you a result of 0 or very close to that.

Attachments

  • 1.png
    1.png
    79.5 KB · Views: 2