Secure and Non-Secure Items

Baiju

Hello

We have a .NET web application which runs on SSL. I am frequently getting
messages like "This page contain both secure and non secure items. Do you
want to continue ?" When I take pages containing datagird. Is there a way to
disanle this message ?

Thanks
Baiju

Geir Aamodt

Baiju,

this is a standard warning message when you are display data from both
secure
sites and non-secure sites. The message can be disabled, but this must be
done
in the browser and on a per site basis.

What does this mean? You'll have to do one or all of the following: recode
your pages,
redesign your site or rethink your security strategy

Nicole Calinoiu

You can't disable the message on the client, but you can prevent it by
ensuring that all your page content is loaded over HTTPS. The best way to
find the offending content is usually to verify the rendered page HTML on
the client. Here are a few things to check for:

1. Any content loaded explicitly over HTTP. You can usually find this by
searching for "http:" (without the quotes) in the HTML.

2. Any frames, iframes, or images with a missing or empty src attribute.
(e.g.: <iframe src="" ...).

3. Any frames, iframes, or images with a src that specifies content that is
not available on your site. (e.g.: <iframe src="about:blank" ...).

Baiju

Thanks Nikole

I have some iframes with missing src attribute. I fixed the issue.

-Baiju