Secure FTP

john_paul_byrne

Hi,

I am setting up a cron job which calls a perl script, at the end of
which, I want to upload a file to a secure ftp server.

Can somebody point me in the best way to approach this? A sample would
be fantastic ;o)

John

Martijn Lievaart

Hi,

I am setting up a cron job which calls a perl script, at the end of
which, I want to upload a file to a secure ftp server.

Can somebody point me in the best way to approach this? A sample would
be fantastic ;o)

Putting the words "Perl sftp" in Google pointed directly to CPANs
Net::SFTP. I think it'll do the job.

HTH,
M4

ccc31807

Hi,

I am setting up a cron job which calls a perl script, at the end of
which, I want to upload a file to a secure ftp server.

Can somebody point me in the best way to approach this? A sample would
be fantastic ;o)

John

You can also use pscp. This is a command line program you can get from
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html

We use this quite often and I can tell you from personal experience
that it's easy to use and reliable. Call it with system and check the
return value.

CC