Security Error After Installing IIS 6.0

Guest

We have just re-installed the OS on our development web server and are now
receiving security errors when attempting to browse to our .Net applications.

Server cannot access application directory '[directory name]'. The directory
does not exist or is not accessible because of security settings.

We have made sure that the ASPNet user has Read/List/Execute access to this
folder, and have even bumped it up to full control to see if that fixes the
problem with no luck. We have also added the ASPNet user to the
administrator group in hopes of getting something to work. We are NOT using
impersonation, so the security context should run under the ASPNet user. We
do not have anonymous access enabled for the web. We have the web
applications running on other IIS 6.0 machines without any issues (including
the production machine).

I'm at my wits end... Can someone help please?

Guest

Ok, we figure it out. We was missing the NETWORK SERVICE account. We
granted Read/List/Execute to that user and it appears to have fixed the
problem.