seeking Cheap domain

Chainsaw Charlie

I am looking for someplace i can put up a website. somthing that is
affordable and something that charges by the year.

these free hompage services like angelfire and geocities just are not enough
for me. i need more space. i have a lot of clipart and sound files and these
places don't give me enough space. i am looking for something that is
atleast more then 25 megs of space.

Since my site is not a buisness and it's only a clipart site. i was
wondering if there was anyplace where i could go and pay a decent price and
dose not mind charging me a yearly fee instead of a monthly fee?

since i am not rich nor do i plan on making any money on this site. it's a
site just for fun. basicly for friends and family and other people who may
want to visit.

Thanks in advance, John aka Charlie

--

Chainsaw Charlie's World
http://chainsaw.freewebpage.org/portal.html

My Ozzy Fan Site
http://ozzyfan4life.topcities.com/

Tina - AffordableHOST.com

We have a free hosting package that includes 100 mb of space with just a
one-time $5 setup fee. You do need to sign up with a valid top level domain
name though (or buy one when you sign up).

--Tina

Janet

You can pay for Angelfire and get more space. I had my site there for a few
years.Their free service sucks, but their paid service is ok, and no ads on
your page!
Or 250Free offers 250MB free, but you have to make a site for the free
service, you can't use it just for storage.If you pay for their service, you
can use it as storage. They had major server problems this month, and many
people lost their files,but they are up and running again. ( I didn't lose
anything thankfully) I have a paid account with them.I pay
$47.38 per year and get 2000MB of bandwidth per month, which is alot, and no
advertisements on your site.
Here is the link if you want to check it out. I like it better than
Angelfire, when they aren't having server problems. In the 3 years I have
been with them, they have had 2 server problems. I lost some files the last
time they had a problem switching servers, but you can always back up your
files in case there ever is a problem, which you should do anyway. I learned
that the hard way!
http://www.250free.com/

Lois

in part:
: I am looking for someplace i can put up a website. somthing that is
: affordable and something that charges by the year.

Aussie Hosts has US-based hosting starting from $32.50 per year, and their
service is amazing.

http://www.aussiehosts.com

Lois

Phillip Hudson

Buy a cheap domain name for Godaddy.com or Ukreg.com (depending on where you
are) then head over to http://www.staghosting.com

It's completely free and there are no adverts, you get 200MB of space at
first and although bandwidth says 2GB a month, it's pretty much unlimited as
you just ask for more. Last month I used over 100GB of bandwidth on my site!

The only 'catch' is that you put 2 small text links on your site which will
help to boost the pagerank of a few business sites, they don't even have to
be intrusive. Just a small text link anywhere on your index page will do the
trick.

Head over there and have a look. It's easily the best free hosting on the
web.

Phillip

Todd Shillam

Charlie,

Do you have Windows XP Professional? If you do, then you could install IIS
(Internet Information Services) and host your own Web site--no need to pay
anybody else when you don't have to.

If you don't have Windows XP Professional, you can still host your own Web
site using a program called WWW File Sharing--very easy to setup.

After setting up your Web hosting software, you can get free second-level
domain names at www.no-ip.com to point to your Web pages.

Basically, you can do the whole thing yourself without any costs.

If you have questions, just send me an e-mail at (e-mail address removed). I
also have a discussion forum to post questions, etc. at
http://shillamforums.zapto.org. I'd be glad to answer any questions you
have.

Best regards,

Todd Shillam
ShillamTechnology
http://shillamtechnology.zapto.org

[...]

marielabeau

I use No Monthly Fees dot com for my site. Pay $70 a year for
600 mgs of space. Part of the $70 is your domain registration
fee. Absolutely NO advertisements go on your site!!

Marie

[...]

steve

[...]

Try www.saHOSTplus.com
$32 per year
your own cPanel, all bunch of free goodies and unlimited stuff

George Baker

Charlie,

Since you asked..... currently this is by far the best offer around.

The details are as follows:

You can have your own web site for as little as $4.99/mo., including
500 MB web space, 5 GB/month bandwidth, FTP access, and Software worth
$550, including NetObjects Fusion 7.5, FrontPage 2002 Extensions, and
ready to run CGI scripts.

Sign up through us and we’ll giving you $550 worth of free software to
help you build yourself something special. The package includes
everything you need to produce, enhance, promote and analyze your own
website. Here's what you will get:

NetObjects Fusion 7.5
Site building is now faster, easier and better than ever with
NetObjects Fusion 7.5. British magazine PC-Pro gave it a 6-star rating
in a recent review claiming that "Fusion sets a new benchmark for
accessible and powerful web design software." Fusion 7.5 has several new
features including Photo Gallery Builder, Zip File Templates and
Multi-level Navigation.

PhotoImpact 8 SE
PhotoImpact 8 SE is a total image editor for digital photography,
creative design and web graphics. Armed with glowing reviews from the
likes of PC Magazine and BusinessWeek Online, PhotoImpact concentrates
its tools on the needs of web users who want professional results and
this excellent software offers a wide choice of image enhancement
options. Amongst other things, users can create animated GIFs, browse
through their images or organize their pictures into databases.

Hello Engines! 4.1 Professional
Hello Engines! has received numerous awards for best software in its
field. Register your Internet presence with all major search engines.
Enter your personal details and Hello Engines! registers your website
with hundreds of search engines! New search engines are regularly added
to the program, which can be updated using an integrated function.

Ranking Toolbox 3.0
The Ranking Toolbox is a unique collection of new and efficient tools,
with which you can maximize the success of your website. Highlights: The
Analysis-Module dynamically analyzes search machines and posts ranking
criteria. The Optimization-Module gives you a clear appraisal and offers
helpful tips for optimization. The Ranking-Module compares your own
position with those of your competitors.

Wise-FTP 3.0
Specially tailored for 1&1 customers, WISE-FTP is the ideal program to
transfer your website to the 1&1 server. This new edition of the
powerful FTP program is simple to use and contains all the latest
functions for transferring files and directories.

Microsoft Internet Explorer & Outlook Express
Microsoft Internet Explorer - together with the e-mail client Outlook
Express - offers you all the functions you need to explore the
internet. An animated Flash guide will help you configure Outlook
Express.

Netscape
Netscape 7.1, the latest edition of the popular browser, accurately
displays complex pages with nested tables. All the functions of the
previous version are still there, like 'My Sidebar', a freely
configurable function bar. Also integrated are a translation program, a
communications client (Net2Phone), and a download manager. New are a
multi-document display to save desktop space and a reworked e-mail
client.

Opera
Opera supports CSS, Java (through the Sun Java plug-in), Java-Script
SSL, and TLS.

Adobe Reader
The new Adobe Reader allows you to view, navigate, browse, and print
portable document format (PDF) files that have been created by Adobe
Acrobat.

OpenOffice.org
OpenOffice.org is an Open Source Project with the purpose of creating a
leading international office suite that will run on all major platforms
and provide access to all functionality and data through open-component
based APIs and an XML-based file format.

RealOne
RealOne Player can do everything: Rendering of over 50 file types,
including Windows Media™, QuickTime® Mpeg-4, and DVD, burning MP3-CDs
with AutoPlaylists, extended Audio Controls, receipt of over 3000 radio
stations worldwide, and much more!

Microsoft MediaPlayer
Windows Media Player consists of several features in a single
application: a CD player, an audio and video player, a media jukebox, a
media guide, an Internet radio tuner, a portable device that you can
transfer music files to, and an audio CD burner. These software programs
are combined into one easy-to-use application designed to make playing
digital media an enjoyable experience.

Irfan View
Irfan View is a very quick 32-Bit graphic viewer.

Cyberkit
CyberKit is a collection of network tools for Windows 9x/NT/2000/ME. It
includes Ping, TraceRoute, Finger, Whois, Quote of the Day, NSLookUp,
Time Synchronizer, PortScanner, NetInfo, and MailChecker. Also it has a
"keep-alive" function to keep your net connection alive when dealing
with certain restrictive ISPs.

Putty
PuTTY is a free SSH client for logging on to servers in an encrypted
way. It enables you to create and edit files directly on the server. You
create the files directly in your web space and save them there so that
all changes are made immediately on the internet.

WIN SCP
WinSCP is a freeware SCP (Secure Copy) client for Windows
95/98/NT/2000/ME/XP using SSH (Secure Shell). Its main function is safe
copying of files between a local and a remote computer.
Please note you need a SSH access included in your package.

All software is only available for PC's: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/Me and XP
are supported. Normal shipping charges apply.

To get started, or to investigate this further click on this link:
http://www.1and1.com/?k_id=7081564

Good luck,

GB
Webmaster
Just A Touch Art Studios
Jonesboro, Georgia
www.justatouch.com
come see our "Art On Music"

doS

550 worth of freeware.......

George Baker said:
[...]

including Windows MediaT, QuickTime® Mpeg-4, and DVD, burning MP3-CDs
[...]

patil

First of all 1and1 - is not what it used to be

There is no free cheese anymore.

now it $4.95 a month and they disable php and MySql
for this plan forcing you to pick the $9.95 plan
Which is defenitely not a bargain.

Overall I get to the 1and1 remembering that thay used
to be a good hosting choice, but htey are not anymore.

I am signing out of them, and very disapointed
The customer support is not as responsive as sales email.
Messages left on the support site sit there for a few days
unanswered.

Even though that the Control panel page specify PHP and Mysql
as available, they didn't offer me any solution, but pay
twice as much for the services they opriginally advertise (Php and
MySql)

Personally 1and1 is the only host that I saw that would disable PHP on
the apache webserver - this is creasy.

I would doublecheck 5 times before I would go with the 1and1.com

I am going with the
http://www.ehostpros.com/hosting/hosting.html

2.99 for 100Mb/5Gb - sounds like a much better deal.

steve

[...]

I forgot to say that we have a special on
www.saHOSTplus.com
Full cPanel hosting starting $2.95 a month
Use this coupon (Group 50% OFF) and receive 50%
off from all hosting and reseller hosting packages
offer expire on 2004/05/01

Tina - AffordableHOST.com

steve said:
I forgot to say that we have a special on
www.saHOSTplus.com
Full cPanel hosting starting $2.95 a month
Use this coupon (Group 50% OFF) and receive 50%
off from all hosting and reseller hosting packages
offer expire on 2004/05/01

FYI: You have the CPanel demos linked to your website. They took those
offline awhile back. You might want to create a CPanel demo on your own
servers - and not worry about CPanel changing the link/login info. Also,
all of the links to your instant messaging systems are broken.

--Tina

steve

I forgot to say that we have a special on
FYI: You have the CPanel demos linked to your website. They took those
offline awhile back. You might want to create a CPanel demo on your own
servers - and not worry about CPanel changing the link/login info.

quote: "The demos are temporarily unavailable while we migrate them to
a new system. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause."
I told that will be for a couple of days only but it have being a
awhile now.
I will have to make the demo on my server.
Also, all of the links to your instant messaging systems are broken.

:) I completely forgot to fix them.
nice reminding thanks

Tina - AffordableHOST.com

steve said:
quote: "The demos are temporarily unavailable while we migrate them to
a new system. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause."
I told that will be for a couple of days only but it have being a
awhile now.
I will have to make the demo on my server.

Temporarily has been going on 2 months and they've changed the login
information several times in the year before that. Seriously, its easier to
create your own demo than depend on theirs.

--Tina

steve

I forgot to say that we have a special on
Temporarily has been going on 2 months and they've changed the login
information several times in the year before that. Seriously, its easier to
create your own demo than depend on theirs.

How secure is that