Select

Salvo

Hi guys,
I've a little application that uses a select to get data from sockets.

I would like to get the data from a new socket after that I've written a
"Username:" string and continuing to process the others sockets.

How can I do that?
tnx

Randy Howard

Salvo wrote
(in article said:
Hi guys,
I've a little application that uses a select to get data from sockets.

I would like to get the data from a new socket after that I've written a
"Username:" string and continuing to process the others sockets.

How can I do that?

Unfortunately, select() is not part of standard C, the topic
discussed here. It is a very common extension library on
several popular OS platforms however. Even so, the specifics of
how it is used can vary slightly between them, so your best bet
is to ask in a newsgroup specifically targeted at development
for your target platform(s).