send email

Carachi

hi,
i have this problem....
i want send emails with a my program in c.
i try with the library libsmtp but it can't work with my O.S. ( linux
debian).
there is someone how can help me?
Thank you

Walter Roberson

Carachi said:
i have this problem....
i want send emails with a my program in c.
i try with the library libsmtp but it can't work with my O.S. ( linux
debian).
there is someone how can help me?

What you are asking to do is operating system dependant. You should ask
in a newsgroup for your operating system, or in comp.unix.programming

Jens Thoms Toerring

Carachi said:
i want send emails with a my program in c.
i try with the library libsmtp but it can't work with my O.S. ( linux
debian).
there is someone how can help me?

For sure, but this is the wrong newsgroup for the question.
There are no built-in functions ettc. in the C language to
send emails, you need some system-specific extensions (like
libsmtp). Thus the right place to ask is in a group that
deals with your system, probably comp.unix.programmer or
comp.os.linux.development.apps in your case. If you post
in one of these groups you better give a more complete des-
cription, e.g. what you did try, what your problems with
libsmtp are (which should work fine under Linux), why you
can't simply pass on the email to sendmail (or whatever on
your system is used instead) for sending (in which case a
few lines of code would be sufficient) etc. Without more
details nobody will be able to help you.

Regards, Jens

vippstar

hi,
i have this problem....
i want send emails with a my program in c.
i try with the library libsmtp but it can't work with my O.S. ( linux
debian).
there is someone how can help me?
Thank you

Even though your question is off-topic I'll answer it:
Yes.

Antoninus Twink

i want send emails with a my program in c.
i try with the library libsmtp but it can't work with my O.S. ( linux
debian).

What do you mean it "can't work with your OS"? It's true that there
isn't a Debian package for it, but why can't you just download the
source and compile it yourself?

Chad

What do you mean it "can't work with your OS"? It's true that there
isn't a Debian package for it, but why can't you just download the
source and compile it yourself?

I've never heard of a 'Debian package' in C. Is this some kind of new
language extension?

Chad