Sending and processing requests between different webservers

Ellie

Hi,

I'm not sure if this can be done and if asp.net is able to do it but here is
my question:

I need to have a web page with information sent to another server for
processing (sql query, etc.) but instead of the information going directly
back to the browser, I need it to go to the original server for after
processing. Is this possible and can someone point me in the right
direction. It may be similar to the way credit card transactions are handled
but I'm not sure.

Thanks,

Ellie

Dag Sunde

Ellie said:
Hi,

I'm not sure if this can be done and if asp.net is able to do it but here is
my question:

I need to have a web page with information sent to another server for
processing (sql query, etc.) but instead of the information going directly
back to the browser, I need it to go to the original server for after
processing. Is this possible and can someone point me in the right
direction. It may be similar to the way credit card transactions are handled
but I'm not sure.

You post your form to a proxy-script on *your* server, which in turn plays
client, and sends the request to the external server. Upon return, it takes
the
response from the ext. server, do something with it, and reports back to the
client.

Ellie

Thanks for your response. Would you know of any good asp.net or asp books
that will help me to accomplish this?

Thanks again,

Ellie

Mark Schupp

You will first have to decide if you will be using ASP or ASP.NET. Then ask
for book recommendations on the appropriate newsgroup.

--
--Mark Schupp

Ellie said:
Thanks for your response. Would you know of any good asp.net or asp books
that will help me to accomplish this?

Thanks again,

Ellie

Ellie

Thanks for your input. Since this is an ASP newsgroup, then I am looking for
an answer on ASP. Since I already received a response from someone on this
subject then it really shouldn't bother anyone if I continue along with my
conversation.