    break signal?

    Thanks ahead of time,
    Marc

    Marc, Aug 20, 2003

  2. Marc

    Trent Mick Guest

    [Marc wrote]
    You want to use the Win32 API method GenerateConsoleCtrlEvent:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...-us/dllproc/base/generateconsolectrlevent.asp

    The PyWin32 extensions (comes with ActivePython, can be installed
    separately on other Python distros) provide access to this:

    win32api.GenerateConsoleCtrlEvent(win32con.CTRL_C_EVENT, pid)

    But you need to get the pid for that. You already have the PID if you
    started a process with CreateProcess, but you are using popen, which
    hides those details. I don't know an easy way to get the PID.

    I have a process.py module which will spawn a process and return a
    object represent it with attributes for stdin/stdout/stderr and methods
    to .wait(), .kill(). This might be more helpful to you, but my
    process.py is not perfect by any stretch.
    http://starship.python.net/~tmick/#process

    Cheers,
    Trent

    Trent Mick, Aug 20, 2003