sending email from asp

Glenn

Can anyone point me to some GOOD directions on how to send an e-mail from
asp. (And, if this matters [I think it does] - I have Microsoft Exchange
2000 installed on a Windows 2000 server which is also where my web site is)

Basically here is what I am trying to do:

I have a from I created in Front Page XP. I want the results to go to a
datbase and an email address.

I found Microsoft's white page on how to do this. If I take out the code
for sending the email (uses CDONTS) it works fine - the database gets
updated.

However, once I put the code for the email in, and I try to submit the form,
I get "The page cannot be displayed .... HTTP 500 - Internal Server error".

I think the problem is that I do not have a default SMTP server in IIS, as I
have the Exchange Server loaded. So, I think I have two choices:

1) Find out how to redirect CDONTS to SMTP on Exchange (can find no
documentation on how to do this),

or

2) Send e-mail that includes the form results using something other than
CDONTS.

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

Glenn

Patrice

First disable "show simplifed HTTP errors" in your IE config. This way you
should have the exact error rather than a generic message...

Patrice

Glenn

THANK YOU!!

This has been driving me crazy since last Friday. I have posted messages
everywhere I can find.

I did what you suggested and was able to find my error. It now works!!