sending raw data to a printer driver

Z.K

In Windows I have some win32 code that I use in VC++ programs to send
raw data to the printer driver. I would like to do the same thing in
Java; does anyone know how to do this. Specifically, I need to send
printer codes or language commands to a printer. Specifically in the
case I am trying to write is to be a able to send command codes to an
Intermec barcode printer through a text file which has IPL (Intermec
Printer Language) code in it. It is just text, but it instructs the
printer what to do. Of course the printer code is not restricted to
just printer codes. If I could figure out how to send raw data to the
printer driver, this would help a lot.

Z.K.