Sending the generated report via mail

mrajanikrishna

Hi friends,

I am generating a shipment order booking. For this, I am generating
a report which contains the container details. And another report from
another file, generating the packing list.
These two report are from two different pages. I want to send these two
reports together by mail.
From one page, I can send directly using

cdoMail.subject="Shipping order booking form"
cdoMail.To="to email"
cdoMail.From="from email"
cdoMail.body=strHtml (which is submitted from report page)
cdoMail.send

But I want to send both reports in one mail. How can I use other page
to the current page and send by mail?

thanks in advance

Evertjan.

wrote on 15 dec 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
Hi friends,

I am generating a shipment order booking. For this, I am generating
a report which contains the container details. And another report from
another file, generating the packing list.
These two report are from two different pages. I want to send these two
reports together by mail.

cdoMail.subject="Shipping order booking form"
cdoMail.To="to email"
cdoMail.From="from email"
cdoMail.body=strHtml (which is submitted from report page)
cdoMail.send

But I want to send both reports in one mail. How can I use other page
to the current page and send by mail?

The best way [imho] is to make one page with both reports.

Otherways, you will have to save the first sting somewhere:

1 in a database
2 in a temporary file
3 in a session variable

all have their pros and cons.

mrajanikrishna

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. Can I store a long string (strHTML) in a
session variable?

Evertjan. said:
[...]

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Sure, if your web server has sufficient resources (memory), and you're
diligent about deleting it from session as soon as you're finished with it
instead of letting the cleanup at the end of the session take care of it.

Evertjan. said:
wrote on 15 dec 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
Hi friends,

I am generating a shipment order booking. For this, I am
generating a report which contains the container details. And
another report from another file, generating the packing list.
These two report are from two different pages. I want to send these
two reports together by mail.

From one page, I can send directly using