server upgraded to DC, HELP

Guest

I made my current web server (win2003 standard, with SQl Server 2K) a Domain
controller (w/DNS, and DHCP) and I'm now experincing issues.
The first was no access to the ASP Framework TEMP directory, and I foudn an
article to fix that.
Now when I create a new project and add existing files to it (i.e. aspx and
..vb files) they don't work the same. Getting no class asoictaed to the .aspx
page, when there is one, also getting strange db call behavior?
Is there anything else I should know or do?
HELP??????

Juan T. Llibre

Hi, Chris.

for a very comprehensive view of the potential
pitfalls associated with running IIS 6.0 on a domain
controller, view the support webcast titled:

"Successfully Running IIS on a Domain Controller".

http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032245355&Culture=en-US

It deals with account permission pitfalls, security pitfalls,
logon policies, group policies, and common problems that
can cause IIS or the domain controller to fail.

Several scenarios with different types of domain
configuration are explained and viewing this support
webcast might give you a hint as to what went wrong.

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP

Guest

thanx, mapping? but neither apply. IIS was running and installed prior, I
never removed it also. And I just promoted it to a DC. I did run one of those
commands to fix the TEMP location issue as I mentioned.
Any other ideas?