servlet invocation using url pattern

vaneric

hi
i am using ant to deploy a basic web application that consists of a
servlet presenting a form for user inputs .I made a web.xml to
associate the servlet to a url pattern.I tried to deploy it on tomcat

<servlet>
<servlet-name>CookieServlet</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>com.jspservletcookbook.CookieServlet</servlet-class>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>CookieServlet</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/mycookie</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>CookieServlet</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/cookie/*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

The second servlet mapping causes an error in tomcat while deploying
thru ant script(copying the war file to webapps dir)
Is this /cookie/* pattern invalid?
Also, i read about jsp type url for servlets like
<servlet>
<servlet-name>JspInfo</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>com.parkerriver.cookbook.JspInfo</servlet-
class>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>JspInfo</servlet-name>

[...]