Session.session not maintained

Saville Kaufman

I have a site developed using ASP, but each page I enter has a different session id when accessing the site using the domain name of the site. When accessing the site from my network and using the internal IP address, it is OK. Any ideas?

Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)

do you use a proxy server?
Is IE seeing the domain as 'internet zone' and is your security setting for
the internet zone set that it blocks all cookies?

Saville Kaufman

Hi Egbert

I do not use a proxy server and I do not block cookies.

Maybe this can throw soem light:
Domain uses framed web hosting. Cold this have an effect?

Thanks

Saville

Saville Kaufman

Hi Egbert,

No proxy, and I don't block cookies.

The fact that I am using framed web-forwarding, could this be the cause?

Thanks

Saville

Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)

IE is protected against cookies in framing as soon as the cookies come from
another host than the real URL you want to see in the webbar.
I'm not quite known with framed web forwarding but as soon as the host name
differs from the HTML headers, which also contain a host-header, cookies
won't work anymore