Sets of colors

Konrad Den Ende

I'd like to use a number of colors that are essentially
distinguishable. It's mostly for visual purposes so it's
not neccessery to keep them optimally apart as long as
there will be no risk of having "kind-of-light-grey" and
"sort-of-light-grey" right next to each other.

It would be just fine with a text file or a web page
with the color listed in, say, RGB-format. I could set
up such list myself but why reinvent the wheel...

I know it's a little bit off-topic, hence my apology.

--

Kindly
Konrad

Sleep - thing used by ineffective people
as a substitute for coffee

Ambition - a poor excuse for not having
enough sence to be lazy

Ekkehard Morgenstern

Hi Konrad Den Ende,

Konrad Den Ende said:
It would be just fine with a text file or a web page
with the color listed in, say, RGB-format. I could set
up such list myself but why reinvent the wheel...

Try these from the SelfHTML pages:

http://selfhtml.teamone.de/diverses/anzeige/farbnamen_16.htm (VGA colors)
http://selfhtml.teamone.de/diverses/anzeige/farbnamen_netscape.htm
(additional 216 color definitions found in the Netscape browser, also works
with IE)

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Ekkehard Morgenstern

Konrad Den Ende

Not clear what you're trying to do?

Sorry. I'm developing a chart, a kind of map, that will be
presented as a matrix. Now, numbers are very exciting to
look at but i thought it might be nice to see areas with the
same resulting number as a colored "lands".

So, i'd need a list of 30, maybe 100 colors that i could
simply asign the different values. I'd like them to be
distinguishably different from each other and trying to
compile such list by myself doesn't turn me on...

--

Kindly
Konrad
May all spammers die an agonizing death; have no burial places;
their souls be chased by demons in Gehenna from one room to
another for all eternity and more.

Sleep - thing used by ineffective people
as a substitute for coffee

Ambition - a poor excuse for not having
enough sence to be lazy

nos

try google, there are a zillion examples