Setting AutoEventWireup from codebehind

WT

Hello,

Is there a way to set autoeventwireup from codebehind selectively.
I want to set it to false for all usercontrols in my application.

Thanks for idea.
CS

Guest

WT,

No, because it is simply used by page compiler which assigns event handlers
before page is run.

Regards

WT

Thanks, That's also what I found, I will try to deal with this limitation
using web.config.
CS

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi CS,

As Milosz pointed out, you cannot use code-behind to change this
AutoEventWireup attribute as it's used before page compilation phase.

You may find following article useful regarding AutoEventWireup:

#K. Scott Allen : Inside AutoEventWireup
http://odetocode.com/Blogs/scott/archive/2006/02/16/2914.aspx

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support